Summary: Beaded snowflake crafts can be used for decorations, sparkly and festival jewelry and gifts. They are easily made with a small amount of craft wire and glass beads, crystals or acrylic beads. For very little expense and with easy tips, you can make your?own beaded snowflake decorations or jewelries.
Date : Nov 03, 2011
Beaded snowflake crafts can be used for decorations, sparkly and festival jewelry and gifts. They are easily made with a small amount of craft wire and glass beads, crystals or acrylic beads. For very little expense and with easy tips, you can make your?own beaded snowflake decorations or jewelries.
Materials Needed: Beads in assorted sizes, Wire, Seed beads, Round nose pliers, Needle nose pliers, Jump Rings, Chain
1. Design your snowflake pattern, laying out the colors and sizes of beads you want to use. Just place one bead after another on the table in front of you, and move them around until you like the sequence.
2. Cut three 6-inch lengths from the wire. These will be the spokes for the snowflake. Use the round-nose pliers to create a small loop that can enable the three 6 inch?wires fit inside it. Insert the three wires inside this loop, grip the loop with the needle-nose pliers to hold it steady and use the round-nose pliers to wrap the opposite end of the leftover wire into a tight coil around the middles of the three longer wires. Three wraps should be enough. This will hold the spokes together at their centers.
4. Complete one spoke of the snowflake according to your pattern, starting from the hub and working down. Use the pliers to bend the end of the spoke wire to a 90 degree angle, then grasp the end with the pliers to make a round closed circle.
5. Bead and complete the other five spokes of the snowflake according to your design, making closed loops at the end of each spoke.
6. String seed beads on a separate piece of wire. See how many beads you need for the wire to go halfway from one spoke to another, then add one larger bead, and go back to seed beads. It all depends on the distance between spokes wherever you decide to put the stringer wire. You may use 10 seed beads, one big one, then 10 more seed beads between each spoke,for example.
Tag : seed beads